Monsanto Company provided an update on its Roundup Ready Xtend crop system.
- The USDA comment period for Monsanto’s next generation dicamba-tolerant weed management technologies, Roundup Ready 2 Xtend Soybeans and Bollgard II XtendFlex cotton, has closed.
- Monsanto thanks the broad cross-section of American farmers, consumers and stakeholders who took the time to contact USDA on behalf of this vital new technology.
- USDA received more than 4,600 comments from 40 states.
- Support from national and state agriculture groups included (National Cotton Council, NCGA, ASA, National Sorghum Growers, etc.)
- USDA will review comments received, post a final EIS and then issue its final decision.
- The next step in the process is the EPA public comment period, expected to begin soon.
- Growers will be able to make their voices heard on at RoundupReadyPLUS.com/supportdicamba.