- Two round-trip airline tickets to the ARA Conference & Exposition, Dec. 2-4, 2014.
- Two-night accommodations at the Sheraton New Orleans in New Orlean's French Quarter.
- VIP Dinner with Monsanto representatives and ARA officers.
- Two-page article in AgProfessional magazine spotlighting the winning retail facility.
- Special award presentation at the ARA Conference & Exposition.
- A beautifully cut lead crystal award to display at retail facility.
- Bonus: A round-trip flight to St. Louis for a tour of Monsanto's biotech research facility and a meeting with senior executives.
Nomination Deadline: Friday, July 11, 2014
ARA Retailer of the Year Criteria
Do you know someone who consistently outperforms other retailers? Someone who exceeds customers' expectations? Someone who successfully leads by outstanding and innovative business practices? Then you know someone who should be nominated for the "ARA Retailer of the Year Award." Specific criteria are outlined below. Nominations must be received by July 11, 2014.
1. Effective Employee Relations
- Hires, trains and retains highly skilled, professional employees
- Competitive compensation & benefits plan
- Commits resources for employees to participate in professional certification and/or self improvement programs
2. Environmental Stewardship and Sustainability
- Respect for the environment beyond compliance
- Implements daily practices that improve the environment and the image of our industry
- Use sustainable and financially sensible practices that help to conserve and protect our natural resources to ensure a safe environment and food supply now and for future generations.
- Meets customer expectations, especially during the busiest time of the year
- Implements practices to reduce downtime (fleet management, preventive maintenance, etc.)
4. Community & Industry Leadership
- Civic involvement
- Local, state and national industry association involvement
- Must be an ARA member
5. Relationship Building
- Continually refines strategic alliances with customers, suppliers, employees and state and local governments
- Effective at managing risk associated with the ag retail business, and also help farmer customers manage their risks
6. Technology Utilization
- Embraces a business philosophy that maximizes revenue service streams by focusing on profitable customer services
- Turns raw customer data into more profitable crop production decisions
7. Innovative Business Practices
- Optimizes changing markets by providing personalized services (value added)
- Strives to diversify business strategies
- Implements cutting-edge management tools in all facets of retail business
Morral Companien (Morral, Ohio)
AgProfessional January 2014 Article: ARA Retailer of the Year
Wheat Growers (Aberdeen, S.D.)
AgProfessional January 2013 Article: ARA Retailer of the Year
The Lyman/Tremont Group (Woodland, CA)
AgProfessional January 2012 Article: ARA Retailer of the Year
Central Valley Ag (Oakland, NE)
AgProfessional January 2011 Article: ARA Retailer of the Year
Willard Agri-Service (Lynch, MD)
AgProfessional January 2010 Article: ARA Retailer of the Year
The McGregor Company (Southeast WA)
AgProfessional July 2009 Article: Retailer of the Year Team Tours Monsanto
AgProfessional January 2009 Article: ARA Retailer of the Year
Landmark Services Cooperative (Cottage Grove, WI)
AgProfessional January 2008 Article: Keeping Customers First, Landmark Services Cooperative Wins ARA Retailer of the Year
C-S Agrow Service (Calumet, IA)
The Dune Company (Yuma, AZ)
Effingham Equity (Effingham, IL)
ARA Retailer of the Year today! Nominations MUST be received by Friday, July 11, 2014!