Weed Management News
A weed might have the simple definition of being a plant out of place. But winter annual weeds can... Read more.
Herbicide options for burndown of existing weeds prior to planting of no-till wheat include glyphosate,... Read more.
With high wheat prices, producers should pay special attention to every management practice that can... Read more.
Less than perfect wheat stands this past spring and ample spring and early summer precipitation allowed... Read more.
Herbicide resistance is growing. At least 21 weed species have now developed resistance to glyphosate,... Read more.
Many producers may be planning to burn their wheat stubble this summer to help control volunteer plants,... Read more.
Source: Kansas State University Agricultural Experiment Station Before planting a row crop after failed wheat, producers... Read more.
Source: Syngenta Syngenta in North America announced federal Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) registration of Axial Star... Read more.
Source: Bill Johnson and Glenn Nice, Purdue University The perennial weeds wild garlic (Allium vineale) and... Read more.
Source: Doug Shoup, Southeast Area Crops and Soils Specialist and Dallas Peterson, Weed Management Specialist,... Read more.
Source: Mark Bernards, Extension Weeds Specialist and Lowell Sandell, Extension Educator - Weed Science, University... Read more.
Source: Dan Rajzer, Michigan State University Extension The introduction of glyphosate-resistant crops such as soybeans,... Read more.
- Scout for aphids in winter wheat
- El Niño development stalled out, but wet winter still predicted
- Ag markets posted divergent closes Wednesday
- Farm bill program to help farmers affected by severe weather
- Israel panel proposes 25-42% tax hike on mining companies
- Ag markets moved almost unanimously higher Wednesday morning
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- Economist: Taxing P could reduce risk of algal blooms
- Commentary: Government wants farmers to quit farming
- Source shows half of GMO research is independent
- Ag markets made a generally mixed showing Thursday night
- What is the relationship between maturity group, yield?