Weed Management News
Italian ryegrass (Lolium perenne ssp. multiflorum) is a serious weed in wheat production and continues... Read more.
The main winter annual broadleaf weeds in wheat in Kansas are the mustard species, henbit, and marestail.... Read more.
Metribuzin is an important herbicide for controlling numerous weed species in wheat. It is primary... Read more.
Producers who want to treat their fields of continuous wheat with a cheatgrass herbicide have to decide... Read more.
If producers choose to burn their wheat stubble, timing is important. It’s best to burn as late... Read more.
Herbicide options for burndown of existing weeds prior to planting of no-till wheat include glyphosate,... Read more.
There are five herbicides labeled for preplant or preemergence use in wheat: Amber, Finesse, Maverick,... Read more.
The recent wet weather in much of Kansas has caused volunteer wheat to emerge and grow rapidly. Wet... Read more.
Some areas in Kansas have received just enough rainfall to have rather large broadleaf and grassy... Read more.
As wheat harvest arrives in South Dakota, producers may be faced with problem areas in their fields... Read more.
Each year wheat producers lose millions of dollars in potential income by not controlling volunteer... Read more.
The recent cold weather and freeze damage to some of Kansas’ wheat crop has raised a number... Read more.
- Australia eyes ambitious dam building plans to boost agriculture
- IRRI and partners hold training on modern rice seed production
- Ag markets moved mostly higher Tuesday morning
- Certain ecosystems prove resistant to climate change
- One oft forgotten important fall chore: Sampling for SCN
- Timing of cheatgrass herbicides on wheat
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- USDA releases 2012 cash rents data report
- Commentary: Government wants farmers to quit farming
- Economist: Taxing P could reduce risk of algal blooms
- White House issues veto threat on bill to block WOTUS rule
- Resistant weeds not controlled by fall residuals