Herbicide Resistant Crop and Weed Survey
Source: Bill Curran, CMEG, Penn State Weed Specialist
Pennsylvania State University needs your help. Attached is a link to a 15-question survey that we would like for you to answer before the Christmas holiday (Deadline December 23, 2010). Although a few questions have multiple levels, it should take less than 15 minutes to take this survey. We are particularly interested in your opinion if your job involves making weed management recommendations or decisions. We would like to know: 1.) How you perceive the current, past, and future problem of herbicide resistant weeds? 2.) What you think about some of the potential new herbicide resistant crop technologies (GAT, dicamba, and DHT or 2,4–D resistance)?, and 3.) What you think would help better manage herbicide resistant weeds?
We will use the results from this survey for a symposium at the upcoming Northeast Weed Science Society annual meeting in early January and for other extension and educational activities here in the Northeast. We will let you know when the results have been compiled and will post them on our Web site. The better the participation, the more useful the survey results, so we appreciate your willingness to complete the survey. Click here to take the survey
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- Economist: Taxing P could reduce risk of algal blooms
- Commentary: Government wants farmers to quit farming
- Ag markets made a generally mixed showing Thursday night
- What is the relationship between maturity group, yield?
- Commentary: Ambulance-chaser lawyers take on Syngenta