Amvac Acquires Two Insecticides
Source: American Vanguard Corporation
American Vanguard Corporation announced that its wholly-owned subsidiary, Amvac Chemical Corporation, has completed the acquisition of two insecticide product lines from Bayer CropScience, LLC. The first includes the global product line relating to the active ingredient ethoprophos (sold under the trade name Mocap) and the second includes the global (except for Europe and Argentina) product line fenamiphos (sold under the trade name Nemacur). Both product lines include registrations and data rights, rights relating to manufacturing and formulation know-how, inventories, the Ultima packaging system and the trademarks Mocap, Nemacur and Ultima. Other terms of the transaction were not released.
Mocap is a soil insecticide registered in 50 countries where it is used to combat many nematode species in a wide range of crops. Nemacur is a soil insecticide that is registered in 30 countries for use primarily as a nematicide with additional efficacy against above-ground sucking insects.
Original news release
- Ag markets posted a mixed showing before the long weekend
- Central American farmers generate energy from coffee wastewater
- Big potential in China for U.S. corn, livestock exports
- Outback Guidance introduces next generation auto steer systems
- Ag markets proved quite mixed again Friday morning
- Court ruling in Hawaii finds that crop protection is state law