Seeding winter wheat late and thickening stands
For more information, see these UNL Extension publications:
- Seeding Rates for Winter Wheat in Nebraska, G2056, reviews winter wheat trials in Nebraska and shows how widely the number of seeds per pound can vary within and among varieties. This led to the recommendation to plant according to seeds per acre rather than pounds per acre.
- Wind Erosion and Its Control, G1537, discusses the process through which wind erodes soil and steps growers can take to reduce potential damage.
- Emergency Wind Erosion Control, G2006, covers temporary techniques for emergency wind erosion control to protect young seedlings.
- Estimating Winter Wheat Grain Yields, G1429, describes three methods for estimating winter wheat grain yields at different points in the season.
- Wheat section of CropWatch
- Junge Control introduces Zone Automation
- UAV maker PrecisionHawk receives $10 million in financing
- Tool helps track insects blowing in the wind
- FAO calls for “paradigm shift” toward sustainable agriculture
- Newly revised “Midwest Cover Crops Field Guide” released
- Weed seed present at harvest offers weed control opportunity
- U.S. GMO labeling foes triple spending in first half of this year
- Source shows half of GMO research is independent
- Activists fighting Golden Rice even more in 2014
- White House issues veto threat on bill to block WOTUS rule
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- East-West Seed signs marketing collaboration with Monsanto