Kansas Wheat Day planned for May 30
Kansas State University’s Agricultural Research Center-Hays will hold Kansas Wheat Day on May 30. The program will take a look at the present and future, as well as honor the past, including recognition of Joe Martin, who retired after 32 years as K-State’s wheat breeder at Hays.
Wheat Day, which will be held at the center, located at 1232 240 Ave. in Hays, begins with registration at 9 a.m. and the program at 9:30 a.m. The rest of the schedule includes:
- 10:00 a.m. – Field Plot Tour
- 11:00 a.m. – Recognition of Dr. Joe Martin, KSU wheat breeder
- 11:30 a.m. – Washington, D.C. Wheat Update – Jane DeMarchi, director of government affairs for research and technology, National Association of Wheat Growers
- 12:00 p.m. – Lunch – Sponsored by Kansas Wheat Commission - Kansas Wheat Innovation Center Update – Aaron Harries, Kansas Wheat Commission
- 1:00 p.m. – Market Demand for Wheat Quality and Hard White Wheat – Matt Overturf, grain merchandiser, Skyland Grain Co., LLC
Wheat Day will end at 2 p.m.
More information is available by calling the K-State Western Kansas Agricultural Research Center-Hays at 785-625-3425.
Self-contained hydraulic system with power cables (hydraulic). Tandem Henschen axles (hydraulic). Hydraulic fenders. Manual or hydraulic tilt. 6,500-gallon tank.
- Dry weather, biofuel mandate to boost palm prices in 2014
- 2014 Farm Bill: Reallocating base acreage
- FAS administrator talks world ag export situation
- The Beige Book is out. The agriculture picture is not rosy
- New precision potassium fertilizer from AgroLiquid
- Ag markets ended the week in decidedly mixed fashion
- Are you in favor of a federal labeling standard for food that might contain genetically modified ingredients?
- Commentary: Barking up the wrong tree
- Water allocation for most drought-stricken Calif. farms to end
- Larson Electronics offers 150 Watt LED high bay light fixture
- Growth Points: Big data is about to get even bigger
- Update on the world’s 15 largest seed banks
13-Ton Rotary Direct Drive Blender
Adams Fertilizer Equipment