Fusarium head blight forecasting
Winter wheat is rapidly developing in North Dakota and some may be entering heading stage. Many winter wheat cultivars have considerable susceptibility to leaf diseases, leaf rust, and also Fusarium head blight.
As growers consider application of fungicides to flowering winter wheat for management of these diseases, they can estimate the risk of leaf infections at the NDSU Small Grain Disease Forecasting site. This site also has information on risk of Fusarium head blight (FHB) infections associated with weather at the NDAWN weather stations: the flowering growth stage must be chosen.
A broader use of additional weather information is used in the national Fusarium head blight forecasting system, found at http://www.wheatscab.psu.edu/. At this site, the user first clicks on spring wheat, then on cultivar susceptibility level, and then on the state of ND on the map.
- Ag markets posted a mixed showing before the long weekend
- Central American farmers generate energy from coffee wastewater
- Big potential in China for U.S. corn, livestock exports
- Outback Guidance introduces next generation auto steer systems
- Ag markets proved quite mixed again Friday morning
- Court ruling in Hawaii finds that crop protection is state law