Adult wheat stem sawflies emerging in Nebraska
Based on your scouting results, you may want to consider one of the following management options:
- Do nothing. You may not need to take any action if 1) you do not have a history of lodging in this field; 2) the infested area is small; or 3) your yield expectations are low in the sampled area.
- Swath harvest. Swathing equipment might be hard to come by, but you could swath and windrow your wheat while it is still somewhat green at the end of June. Doing so would cut the wheat before the sawfly has a chance to cut it.
- Get low. Harvest at a normal time with a low-cutting, floating-head combine. However, this harvesting method may not be compatible with some residue-management operations.
I’m providing these management options now as some of these may require more time to plan than conventional insecticide management options.
We continue to monitor the statewide status of this quickly evolving pest. Additionally, we are working with a company to provide producers a pheromone and a trap design that may save time in scouting. We hope to be able to produce a higher resolution map of the prevalence of this insect with the aid of the pheromone-based traps.
Once the adults die, I will provide additional sampling plans in CropWatch that will be specific to larvae.
Self-contained hydraulic system with power cables (hydraulic). Tandem Henschen axles (hydraulic). Hydraulic fenders. Manual or hydraulic tilt. 6,500-gallon tank.
- Avoid contaminating seed super boxes in handling
- U.N. warns food security a risk to Asia-Pacific
- Ag markets ended Tuesday in mixed fashion once again.
- Vietnam cuts rice export price floor, eyes Manila tender
- Ag markets turned decidedly mixed Tuesday morning
- Calculations for March 1 corn stocks estimate
- Are you in favor of a federal labeling standard for food that might contain genetically modified ingredients?
- Commentary: Barking up the wrong tree
- Julie Borlaug says biotech is necessary in fight against hunger
- Larson Electronics offers 150 Watt LED high bay light fixture
- Water allocation for most drought-stricken Calif. farms to end
- Panama says 'go' to GM mosquito evaluation
13-Ton Rotary Direct Drive Blender
Adams Fertilizer Equipment