Judging by the number of phone calls he receives, Dallas Peterson is very popular this time of year. The... Read more.
Advanced genome-editing techniques have been used to create a strain of wheat resistant to a destructive... Read more.
An international team of plant geneticists is trialling a rapid method of producing new varieties... Read more.
We don’t know what the insect pressure will be like later on yet this year. What we can do,... Read more.
It’s important that producers not overreact to lower crop prices for wheat by cutting back this... Read more.
Blends of multiple wheat varieties have some advantages in many situations. I prefer a 3-way blend.... Read more.
Several Kansas State University researchers were essential in helping scientists assemble a draft of a... Read more.
The crop and soils agent with the University of Wisconsin-Extension office in Fond du Lac County says... Read more.
Due to rainfall across the entire state, many fields of wheat stubble in Kansas have rather large... Read more.
The Kansas wheat harvest may be one of the worst on record — and the loss doesn't just hurt... Read more.
Last year’s harvest was considered late by most Michigan growers’ standard, but the 2014... Read more.
After heading, wheat may display white heads or prematurely dead plants in fields due to the plants... Read more.
- Ag markets posted a mixed showing before the long weekend
- Central American farmers generate energy from coffee wastewater
- Big potential in China for U.S. corn, livestock exports
- Outback Guidance introduces next generation auto steer systems
- Ag markets proved quite mixed again Friday morning
- Court ruling in Hawaii finds that crop protection is state law
- No El Niño in 2014? Drought-weary California in trouble
- Suspected Bt corn rootworm resistance in Pennsylvania
- Soybean aphid numbers on the rise
- BioNitrogen to build second fertilizer plant in Texas
- Commentary: Setting the record straight on 'Waters of the U.S.'
- Anti-GMO proposal denounced at Safeway shareholder meeting