On the same day U.S. Wheat Associates (USW) – the wheat industry’s key market development... Read more.
In this post, returns are compared on southern Illinois farms that grew and did not grow wheat. Specific... Read more.
To save time and cost, some wheat producers may be thinking about adding a little extra nitrogen (N)... Read more.
There are five herbicides labeled for preplant or preemergence use in wheat: Amber, Finesse, Maverick,... Read more.
SDSU Extension will be holding a Winter Wheat Meeting in Draper on Aug. 27, 2013. The meeting will... Read more.
The 2013 harvest is running later than usual in many areas, but winter wheat planting is closing in.... Read more.
A new gene that will equip wheat plants to resist the deadly stem rust disease has been discovered... Read more.
A new study about the common problem of preharvest sprouting, or PHS, in wheat is nipping the crop-killing... Read more.
The National Science Foundation has named Kansas State University as its lead institution for the... Read more.
Earth-friendly perennial grain crops, which grow with less fertilizer, herbicide, fuel, and erosion than grains... Read more.
Syngenta this year introduces SY Southwind, an AgriPro brand hard red winter wheat, to help meet challenges... Read more.
The recent wet weather in much of Kansas has caused volunteer wheat to emerge and grow rapidly. Wet... Read more.
- Japan’s trade talks with U.S. to resume on Monday, gaps remain
- Dramatic warming to trigger surge in corn planting
- Ethanol: Bleak presence, brighter future
- Is there an advantage to more corn acres in your rotation?
- Drought maintains strangle-hold on southern Plains
- Oregon BEST funds semi-autonomous electric vehicle
- Commentary: Blame anti-GMO groups for deaths
- Julie Borlaug says biotech is necessary in fight against hunger
- What does “sustainable” food and agriculture really mean?
- Ohio bill to require certification to apply fertilizer
- Climate change will reduce crop yields sooner than we thought
- Carbon-dioxide hurts nitrogen assimilation by plants