USDA: Corn, soybean stocks drop 17% from 2011
According to the USDA's latest Grain Stocks report, corn stored in all positions on December 1, 2012 totaled 8.03 billion bushels, down 17 percent from December 1, 2011.
Of the total stocks, 4.59 billion bushels are stored on farms, down 26 percent from a year earlier. Off-farm stocks, at 3.44 billion bushels, are down 1 percent from a year ago. The September - November 2012 indicated disappearance is 3.74 billion bushels, compared with 3.84 billion bushels during the same period last year.
Soybeans stored in all positions on December 1, 2012 totaled 1.97 billion bushels, down 17 percent from December 1, 2011. Soybean stocks stored on farms totaled 910 million bushels, down 20 percent from a year ago. Off-farm stocks, at 1.06 billion bushels, are down 14 percent from last December. Indicated disappearance for September - November 2012 totaled a record high 1.22 billion bushels, up 30 percent from the same period a year earlier.
All wheat stored in all positions on December 1, 2012 totaled 1.66 billion bushels, down slightly from a year ago. On-farm stocks are estimated at 400 million bushels, down 1 percent from last December. Off-farm stocks, at 1.26 billion bushels, are up slightly from a year ago. The September - November 2012 indicated disappearance is 445 million bushels, down 8 percent from the same period a year earlier.
- EIA expects global oil consumption to grow in 2014
- Soy, wheat markets surged Tuesday
- Work underway to improve malting barley quality
- Commentary: Water police, part two: EPA proposal won't help ag
- Ukraine-Russia situation apparently boosted wheat futures again
- New and cool thought-leadership opportunities with LinkedIn
- Commentary: Blame anti-GMO groups for deaths
- Julie Borlaug says biotech is necessary in fight against hunger
- What does “sustainable” food and agriculture really mean?
- Climate change will reduce crop yields sooner than we thought
- Ohio bill to require certification to apply fertilizer
- Carbon-dioxide hurts nitrogen assimilation by plants