U.S. spring wheat areas, production unchanged
Hard red spring (HRS) production is forecast at 475 million bushels, 30 million bushels below 2012. HRS yields are forecast at 41.7 bushels, down from last year’s 44.0 bushels. Both yields and harvested area are down from 2012.
White spring production is estimated to total 36.5 million bushels, 1.0 million less than 2012. The planted and harvested areas, production, and yield for white spring wheat are as follows (hard white spring = HWS and soft white spring = SWS):
|Planted area (million acres)||0.13||0.46|
|Harvested area (million acres)||0.12||0.45|
|Production (million bushels)||9.0||27.5|
|Planted area (million acres)||0.12||0.48|
|Harvested area (million acres)||0.11||0.46|
|Production (million bushels)||8.5||29.0|
Durum wheat production is forecast to total 60.2 million bushels, down 22 bushels million from a year ago. Durum production is forecast down compared to 2012 because of lower area. Durum yield for 2013/14 is forecast at 40.1 bushels per acre, higher than last year’s 39.0 bushels.
Self-contained hydraulic system with power cables (hydraulic). Tandem Henschen axles (hydraulic). Hydraulic fenders. Manual or hydraulic tilt. 6,500-gallon tank.
- Dry weather, biofuel mandate to boost palm prices in 2014
- 2014 Farm Bill: Reallocating base acreage
- FAS administrator talks world ag export situation
- The Beige Book is out. The agriculture picture is not rosy
- New precision potassium fertilizer from AgroLiquid
- Ag markets ended the week in decidedly mixed fashion
- Are you in favor of a federal labeling standard for food that might contain genetically modified ingredients?
- Commentary: Barking up the wrong tree
- Water allocation for most drought-stricken Calif. farms to end
- Larson Electronics offers 150 Watt LED high bay light fixture
- Growth Points: Big data is about to get even bigger
- Update on the world’s 15 largest seed banks
Declining Weigh Blend System
Ranco Fertiservice Inc.