Grain Stocks: All wheat stocks drop 14 percent
All wheat stored in all positions on December 1, 2011 totaled 1.66 billion bushels, down 14 percent from a year ago. On-farm stocks are estimated at 405 million bushels, down 26 percent from last December. Off-farm stocks, at 1.25 billion bushels, are down 10 percent from a year ago. The September - November 2011 indicated disappearance is 490 million bushels, down 5 percent from the same period a year earlier.
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- Economist: Taxing P could reduce risk of algal blooms
- Commentary: Government wants farmers to quit farming
- What is the relationship between maturity group, yield?
- Commentary: Ambulance-chaser lawyers take on Syngenta
- Berman: Camouflaged activists threaten agriculture