All wheat stocks drop 14 percent
Old crop all wheat stored in all positions on June 1, 2012 totaled 743 million bushels, down 14 percent from a year ago. On-farm stocks are estimated at 112 million bushels, down 14 percent from last year. Off-farm stocks, at 631 million bushels, are down 14 percent from a year ago. The March - May 2012 indicated disappearance is 457 million bushels, down 19 percent from the same period a year earlier.
Old crop Durum wheat stocks in all positions on June 1, 2012 totaled 25.6 million bushels, down 28 percent from a year ago. On-farm stocks, at 15.2 million bushels, are down 31 percent from June 1, 2011. Off-farm stocks totaled 10.4 million bushels, down 22 percent from a year ago. The March - May 2012 indicated disappearance of 10.2 million bushels is down 51 percent from the same period a year earlier.
- Texas fall armyworms out early due to unseasonable rains
- Scout for western bean cutworm, western corn rootworm in Ohio
- AgSense releases iPad version of its WagNet Mobile app
- Ag markets posted divergent moves again Thursday
- Ag markets remained mixed at midsession Thursday
- Be wary of wheat quality after wet weather
- Don’t link bird decline and use of neonicotinoids
- Commentary: Setting the record straight on 'Waters of the U.S.'
- Look at fertilizer pricing 2013 vs. 2014
- Solar energy jobs increase, wind power decrease
- Setting the record straight on 'Waters of the U.S.'
- Comments end for Enlist Duo but not the fight