All wheat stocks drop 14 percent
Old crop all wheat stored in all positions on June 1, 2012 totaled 743 million bushels, down 14 percent from a year ago. On-farm stocks are estimated at 112 million bushels, down 14 percent from last year. Off-farm stocks, at 631 million bushels, are down 14 percent from a year ago. The March - May 2012 indicated disappearance is 457 million bushels, down 19 percent from the same period a year earlier.
Old crop Durum wheat stocks in all positions on June 1, 2012 totaled 25.6 million bushels, down 28 percent from a year ago. On-farm stocks, at 15.2 million bushels, are down 31 percent from June 1, 2011. Off-farm stocks totaled 10.4 million bushels, down 22 percent from a year ago. The March - May 2012 indicated disappearance of 10.2 million bushels is down 51 percent from the same period a year earlier.
- Phomopsis stem canker in sunflowers
- Conference to help companies take next steps in eBusiness
- Energy for growing crops is large part of farm operating costs
- Moves in livestock futures bracketed those of the crop markets
- 3D Robotics launches new 3DR mapping platforms
- Report finds ag employers can’t fill STEM jobs
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- USDA releases 2012 cash rents data report
- Commentary: Government wants farmers to quit farming
- Economist: Taxing P could reduce risk of algal blooms
- Resistant weeds not controlled by fall residuals
- Do you think the term “agricultural sustainability” is as strong of a buzzword and emphasis for action in the industry as it was 3 years ago?