All wheat stocks dip slightly from 2011
According to the USDA's latest Grain Stocks report, all wheat stored in all positions on September 1, 2012 totaled 2.10 billion bushels, down 2 percent from a year ago. On-farm stocks are estimated at 573 million bushels, down 9 percent from last September. Off-farm stocks, at 1.53 billion bushels, are up 1 percent from a year ago. The June - August 2012 indicated disappearance is 908 million bushels, up 27 percent from the same period a year earlier.
Durum wheat stocks in all positions on September 1, 2012 totaled 67.8 million bushels, up 6 percent from a year ago. On-farm stocks, at 43.1 million bushels, are up 23 percent from September 1, 2011. Off-farm stocks totaled 24.7 million bushels, down 14 percent from a year ago. The June - August 2012 indicated disappearance of 39.7 million bushels is up 79 percent from the same period a year earlier.
- Precision Planting launches multi-hybrid planting system
- TIA Farm Tire Service training class offered
- Coolest fall temperatures to remain focused in Central U.S.
- Most ag markets held up surprisingly well Tuesday
- Livestock futures outperformed the crop markets Tuesday morning
- Iowa cover crops: Expected Hessian fly free dates
- No El Niño in 2014? Drought-weary California in trouble
- Suspected Bt corn rootworm resistance in Pennsylvania
- BioNitrogen to build second fertilizer plant in Texas
- Commentary: Setting the record straight on 'Waters of the U.S.'
- Soybean aphid numbers on the rise
- Solar energy jobs increase, wind power decrease