2011/12 wheat price unchanged
The 2011/12 season-average farm price is a record $7.24 per bushel, unchanged from July. This compares with $5.70 per bushel for the previous year and the previous 2008/09 record high of $6.78 per bushel.
Source: Wheat Outlook
- Commentary: Blame anti-GMO groups for deaths
- Julie Borlaug says biotech is necessary in fight against hunger
- What does “sustainable” food and agriculture really mean?
- Climate change will reduce crop yields sooner than we thought
- Ohio bill to require certification to apply fertilizer
- Carbon-dioxide hurts nitrogen assimilation by plants