Insecticide now available as 2(ee) recommendation
Valent U.S.A. Corporation announced a 2(ee) recommendation is available for the use of NipsIt Inside Insecticide as a seed protectant to suppress grasshoppers in early-planted cereal grains.
The 2(ee) recommendation allows growers to treat wheat, millet, buckwheat, oats, rye, teosinte and triticale seeds with NipsIt Inside (EPA Reg. No. 59639-151) against grasshoppers in the following states: Ark., Colo., Idaho, Kan., Mo., Mont., Neb., N.D., Okla., Ore., S.D., Wash. and Wyo.
Karen Arthur, seed protection product development manager, said this 2(ee) recommendation comes at a critical time as growers will soon begin planting their fall wheat crops and the “fresh green growth that comes up in the fields poses a prime feeding ground for seedling-damaging grasshoppers.” She added that fall-planted cereal crops are particularly susceptible to grasshopper damage because the plants emerge as the already-adult grasshoppers are feeding.
“Because of the drought across much of the central United States, we’ve seen a significant increase in grasshopper populations in key cereal grain-growing states. Growers are bracing for this adult grasshopper pressure heading into the fall and need effective tools to keep them from affecting the plant stand,” Arthur said. “NipsIt Inside brings an entirely new and powerful insecticide to more effectively slow the damage by the grasshoppers and help prevent injury to these young crops. Additionally, only NipsIt InsideE offers growers Lock Tight Technology—meaning improved stickability of the active ingredient on the seed to ensure unmatched protection. The NipsIt InsideE rate addition for grasshopper protection combined with the NipsIt Suite Cereals offer gives the grower disease and insect protection.”
Arthur said growers should plant the NipsIt Inside-treated seed as a 50- to 60-foot border around the edges of the crop field, in essence, creating a barrier to keep grasshoppers from advancing into the interior of the field.
In addition to NipsIt Inside, Valent has a growing seed protection portfolio, including Inovate Seed Protectant for soybeans and the NipsIt Suite line across cereals and sugar beets.
Self-contained hydraulic system with power cables (hydraulic). Tandem Henschen axles (hydraulic). Hydraulic fenders. Manual or hydraulic tilt. 6,500-gallon tank.
- Avoid contaminating seed super boxes in handling
- U.N. warns food security a risk to Asia-Pacific
- Ag markets ended Tuesday in mixed fashion once again.
- Vietnam cuts rice export price floor, eyes Manila tender
- Ag markets turned decidedly mixed Tuesday morning
- Calculations for March 1 corn stocks estimate
- Are you in favor of a federal labeling standard for food that might contain genetically modified ingredients?
- Commentary: Barking up the wrong tree
- Larson Electronics offers 150 Watt LED high bay light fixture
- Julie Borlaug says biotech is necessary in fight against hunger
- Water allocation for most drought-stricken Calif. farms to end
- CLA responds to EPA’s proposed worker protection standard
A.J. Sackett Loss-In-Weight Blend Systems
A.J. Sackett Sons & Company