Insect Management News
In western Nebraska corn is pollinating, sunflowers are in early flowering, and dry beans are setting... Read more.
This year, the wheat stem sawfly has been abundant and widespread. In fact, it was reported for the... Read more.
High numbers of armyworms were observed defoliating more than 50 percent of the flag leaf in wheat... Read more.
Some winter wheat plots in North Dakota have been so severely infected with wheat streak mosaic virus,... Read more.
The interaction between a Hessian fly's saliva and the wheat plant it is attacking may be the key... Read more.
With the wet and cool conditions that growers have been experiencing, we realize there will be a... Read more.
By Wayne Bailey, University of Missouri Over the past few weeks, greenbug and bird cherry-oat aphid... Read more.
Source: Jamal Faghihi, Christian Krupke, and Virginia Ferris, Purdue University We always known that wheat is... Read more.
Source: Agricultural Research Service Using commercially available parts, U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) scientists and colleagues... Read more.
Source: Agricultural Research Service A laboratory milling device for improving stored grain management has been developed... Read more.
Source: University of Tennessee Many farmers in Tennessee use wheat as a double-crop with soybeans. As... Read more.
Source: Dean K. McBride, Extension Entomologist; Dennis D. Kopp, Extension Entomologist; and Curtis W. Nyegaard,... Read more.
- Collaboration to develop bio insect controls
- Drones on the farm: What are the laws?
- Trillions of gallons of water lost in Calif. drought
- ASA urges action on pending biotech approvals in EU
- CLA sees potential progress in recent ESA litigation settlements
- Cotton, soyoil diverged from general ag strength Thursday night
- Deere to lay off more than 600 at four U.S. plants
- Slow pace of rail recovery stirs fear of future woes
- The four pillars of seeing opportunities in problems
- New DuPont Afforia herbicide introduced for soybeans
- WinField introduces Answer Tech and Data Silo
- RTK brings higher level of accuracy to farmers
- No El Niño in 2014? Drought-weary California in trouble
- Suspected Bt corn rootworm resistance in Pennsylvania
- BioNitrogen to build second fertilizer plant in Texas
- Commentary: Setting the record straight on 'Waters of the U.S.'
- Soybean aphid numbers on the rise
- Solar energy jobs increase, wind power decrease