Insect Management News
Montana-based WestBred announced a donation of $25,000 to the Montana Grains Foundation (MGF) to help... Read more.
If wheat does not emerge, the problem is usually due to dry soils, a hard crust on the soil surface,... Read more.
Recently, Hessian fly activity has been increasing in Kansas. This may be partly related to the increased... Read more.
Grasshoppers that emerged this summer could now be a problem to this year's emerging winter wheat,... Read more.
Is it worth the money to have wheat seed treated with an insecticide seed treatment? There’s... Read more.
In western Nebraska corn is pollinating, sunflowers are in early flowering, and dry beans are setting... Read more.
This year, the wheat stem sawfly has been abundant and widespread. In fact, it was reported for the... Read more.
High numbers of armyworms were observed defoliating more than 50 percent of the flag leaf in wheat... Read more.
Some winter wheat plots in North Dakota have been so severely infected with wheat streak mosaic virus,... Read more.
The interaction between a Hessian fly's saliva and the wheat plant it is attacking may be the key... Read more.
With the wet and cool conditions that growers have been experiencing, we realize there will be a... Read more.
By Wayne Bailey, University of Missouri Over the past few weeks, greenbug and bird cherry-oat aphid... Read more.
- Sign-up begins for USDA disaster assistance programs
- Grain futures lagged the other ag markets Wednesday
- Pacific Coast Terminals and K+S Potash Canada sign agreement
- Soy, cotton futures led the ag markets Wednesday morning
- Monthly fertilizer prices: Comparing 2014 through 2009
- USDA releases April water supply forecast for the West
- Commentary: Blame anti-GMO groups for deaths
- Julie Borlaug says biotech is necessary in fight against hunger
- Climate change will reduce crop yields sooner than we thought
- What does “sustainable” food and agriculture really mean?
- Ohio bill to require certification to apply fertilizer
- Carbon-dioxide hurts nitrogen assimilation by plants