Insect Management News
Recent rains in Kansas will cause some Hessian fly adults to begin emerging from the oversummering... Read more.
Which wheat fields are most likely to be infested with Hessian fly in the fall? It depends on residue... Read more.
A team of K-State entomologists and agronomists led by Mike Smith, Ph.D., in cooperation with selected... Read more.
The 2013 harvest is running later than usual in many areas, but winter wheat planting is closing in.... Read more.
The recent wet weather in much of Kansas has caused volunteer wheat to emerge and grow rapidly. Wet... Read more.
Each year wheat producers lose millions of dollars in potential income by not controlling volunteer... Read more.
The English grain aphid, Sitobion avenae, has been found in eastern and central South Dakota in high... Read more.
Wheat stem sawflies are emerging in the Nebraska Panhandle. We collected our first sawflies in emergence... Read more.
Small, caterpillar-like larvae have been reported in East Central Indiana wheat fields just before fungicides... Read more.
Brown wheat mites (BWM) have been confirmed in several sites in western South Dakota. These spider... Read more.
Bird cherry-oat aphids and greenbugs may begin to show up in April on wheat fields in Kansas. I have... Read more.
After a challenging and drought-plagued 2012, cereal growers are eager to get back out in the fields... Read more.
- FCC aims to offer high-speed internet to rural America
- Newly revised “Midwest Cover Crops Field Guide” released
- EPA announces final decision to register Enlist Duo
- What to consider in leasing or buying equipment
- U.S. farmers seen cutting fertilizer use as crop prices slide
- Not too late to plant wheat, but risks increase with delays
- East-West Seed signs marketing collaboration with Monsanto
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- USDA releases 2012 cash rents data report
- Commentary: Government wants farmers to quit farming
- Economist: Taxing P could reduce risk of algal blooms
- Resistant weeds not controlled by fall residuals