Insect Management News
Texas A&M AgriLife Research wheat scientists are getting closer to pinpointing the genes controlling greenbug... Read more.
There have recently been some reports of winter grain mites in wheat fields in Kansas. Winter grain... Read more.
With wheat harvest in the rear-view mirror and the thought of threatening springtime pests approaching,... Read more.
Scientists discovered some 70 years ago that they could fight wheat stem sawfly by growing a new type... Read more.
If producers choose to burn their wheat stubble, timing is important. It’s best to burn as late... Read more.
The adult Hessian fly is a tiny, dark-colored insect about 1/8 inch long that resembles a large gnat... Read more.
Recent rains in Kansas will cause some Hessian fly adults to begin emerging from the oversummering... Read more.
Which wheat fields are most likely to be infested with Hessian fly in the fall? It depends on residue... Read more.
A team of K-State entomologists and agronomists led by Mike Smith, Ph.D., in cooperation with selected... Read more.
The 2013 harvest is running later than usual in many areas, but winter wheat planting is closing in.... Read more.
The recent wet weather in much of Kansas has caused volunteer wheat to emerge and grow rapidly. Wet... Read more.
Each year wheat producers lose millions of dollars in potential income by not controlling volunteer... Read more.
- China adopts stricter pesticide residue standard
- Researchers target soybean disease with genetic resistance study
- K-State Cropping Systems Field Day Set Aug. 28 in Garden City
- Ag markets ended the week in mixed fashion
- Ag turned decidedly mixed Friday morning
- Fall armyworm moth capture sees big jump
- Don’t link bird decline and use of neonicotinoids
- Solar energy jobs increase, wind power decrease
- Comments end for Enlist Duo but not the fight
- Setting the record straight on 'Waters of the U.S.'
- Commentary: Setting the record straight on 'Waters of the U.S.'
- Look at fertilizer pricing 2013 vs. 2014