Rains increase risk of small grain fungal diseases
Currently, very cool temperatures will slow disease development, but as the week warms up, individuals should check here to determine if NDAWN locations are indicating many continuous days of infection risk. The site has not indicated favorable leaf rust infection periods yet, and no wheat leaf rust has been reported in the state as of May 29.
Fusarium head blight (scab) risk for winter wheat: Moderate to high risk of Fusarium head blight for susceptible winter wheat cultivars is occurring now (May 29) in parts of northern ND, and in an area northwest of Jamestown, as indicated by choosing the flowering stage at the above website, or by checking the national FHB forecasting site, at http://www.wheatscab.psu.edu/.
The risk now is for any winter wheat crops that might be flowering or near flowering. Because most winter wheat cultivars are susceptible to Fusarium head blight, an application of Prosaro at 6.5 fl oz or Caramba at 13.5 fl oz per acre is recommended, as these two products provide the greatest reduction in head severity and reduction in DON (vomitoxin). However, with frost advisories across much of the state for tonight (May 29), these low temperatures will not be favoring infection, and fungicide application should wait until warmer temperatures return later in the week.
Self-contained hydraulic system with power cables (hydraulic). Tandem Henschen axles (hydraulic). Hydraulic fenders. Manual or hydraulic tilt. 6,500-gallon tank.
- Dry weather, biofuel mandate to boost palm prices in 2014
- 2014 Farm Bill: Reallocating base acreage
- FAS administrator talks world ag export situation
- The Beige Book is out. The agriculture picture is not rosy
- New precision potassium fertilizer from AgroLiquid
- Ag markets ended the week in decidedly mixed fashion
- Are you in favor of a federal labeling standard for food that might contain genetically modified ingredients?
- Commentary: Barking up the wrong tree
- Water allocation for most drought-stricken Calif. farms to end
- Larson Electronics offers 150 Watt LED high bay light fixture
- Growth Points: Big data is about to get even bigger
- Update on the world’s 15 largest seed banks
R&R Minuteman Blend System
R&R Manufacturing Inc.