Disease Management News
Advanced genome-editing techniques have been used to create a strain of wheat resistant to a destructive... Read more.
The crop and soils agent with the University of Wisconsin-Extension office in Fond du Lac County says... Read more.
After heading, wheat may display white heads or prematurely dead plants in fields due to the plants... Read more.
Early planted barley is approaching the stage of greatest risk for Fusarium Head Blight infection... Read more.
Wheat harvest will begin soon in southern Indiana and some fields have high levels of Fusarium head... Read more.
Head scab of wheat (a.k.a. Fusarium head blight) is showing up in the southern portion of Illinois.... Read more.
Fusarium head scab continues to be Michigan’s most challenging wheat disease. Michigan State University... Read more.
For wheat flowering May 27, the risk of scab is low, according to the prediction tool. Several fields... Read more.
Wheat streak mosaic, a common disease that occurs in the Texas Panhandle and Great Plains every year,... Read more.
To protect wheat for bread and barley for beer, Cornell plant pathologists have been evaluating ways... Read more.
U.S. wheat and barley producers have incurred billions of dollars in economic losses to Fusarium... Read more.
Texas A&M AgriLife Research is developing genetic diagnostic markers to identify wheat streak mosaic virus... Read more.
- Scout for aphids in winter wheat
- El Niño development stalled out, but wet winter still predicted
- Ag markets posted divergent closes Wednesday
- Farm bill program to help farmers affected by severe weather
- Israel panel proposes 25-42% tax hike on mining companies
- Ag markets moved almost unanimously higher Wednesday morning
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- Economist: Taxing P could reduce risk of algal blooms
- Commentary: Government wants farmers to quit farming
- Source shows half of GMO research is independent
- Ag markets made a generally mixed showing Thursday night
- What is the relationship between maturity group, yield?