ProTrakker making strip till production more successful
While increasingly more growers are finding strip till practices advantageous to their yields and the overall economics of their farming operations, ProTrakker is growing in popularity as a key piece for successful strip till crop production. Combined with active implement guidance systems, the ProTrakker hydraulic hitch allows superior control and accuracy in field operations making strip-till farming much easier and more accurate.
The ability to put in strips and then hit the strip zone when planting with sub-inch accuracy, no matter the landscape, is essential to maximizing the benefits of strip till and was a key consideration during the development of ProTrakker. Growers are also finding that the hydraulic hitch’s ability to help create perfect rows greatly eliminates overlap when doing passes with chemical, fertilizer and seed, resulting in reduced expenses and increased operational efficiency. Additionally, ProTrakker is helping farmers eliminate crop damage from inaccurate tracking, further increasing yields.
“Growers need an extremely high level of accuracy along with repeatability across seasons to make the strip till theory work,” said Cory Miller, president of ProTrakker. “Our customers are telling us that ProTrakker is helping them have much more success preserving soil structure and realizing the overall benefits of strip till production.”
Self-contained hydraulic system with power cables (hydraulic). Tandem Henschen axles (hydraulic). Hydraulic fenders. Manual or hydraulic tilt. 6,500-gallon tank.
- Dry weather, biofuel mandate to boost palm prices in 2014
- 2014 Farm Bill: Reallocating base acreage
- FAS administrator talks world ag export situation
- The Beige Book is out. The agriculture picture is not rosy
- New precision potassium fertilizer from AgroLiquid
- Ag markets ended the week in decidedly mixed fashion
- Are you in favor of a federal labeling standard for food that might contain genetically modified ingredients?
- Commentary: Barking up the wrong tree
- Water allocation for most drought-stricken Calif. farms to end
- Larson Electronics offers 150 Watt LED high bay light fixture
- Growth Points: Big data is about to get even bigger
- Update on the world’s 15 largest seed banks
Layco Declining Weight Blend System