ProTrakker making strip till production more successful
While increasingly more growers are finding strip till practices advantageous to their yields and the overall economics of their farming operations, ProTrakker is growing in popularity as a key piece for successful strip till crop production. Combined with active implement guidance systems, the ProTrakker hydraulic hitch allows superior control and accuracy in field operations making strip-till farming much easier and more accurate.
The ability to put in strips and then hit the strip zone when planting with sub-inch accuracy, no matter the landscape, is essential to maximizing the benefits of strip till and was a key consideration during the development of ProTrakker. Growers are also finding that the hydraulic hitch’s ability to help create perfect rows greatly eliminates overlap when doing passes with chemical, fertilizer and seed, resulting in reduced expenses and increased operational efficiency. Additionally, ProTrakker is helping farmers eliminate crop damage from inaccurate tracking, further increasing yields.
“Growers need an extremely high level of accuracy along with repeatability across seasons to make the strip till theory work,” said Cory Miller, president of ProTrakker. “Our customers are telling us that ProTrakker is helping them have much more success preserving soil structure and realizing the overall benefits of strip till production.”
- Fall tests for nematodes help keep crops healthy
- National Agricultural Genotyping Center announces partnership
- Surging soy, U.S. dollar quotes highlight Friday futures trading
- EU’s leading plant scientists call for action to defend research
- Digi-Star introduces WeighLog hydraulic weighing system
- Surging U.S. dollar values weighed on ag markets Friday morning