New features for TPA’s X30 touchscreen console
click image to zoom Topcon Precision Agriculture announces significant new performance and efficiency features to its X30 touchscreen console.
The X30 now offers remote access via Topcon Teamviewer, an internet link to the in-cab console that can be set up by a USB-Wifi adaptor or via an onboard internet port.
Additionally, the X30 supports video monitor cameras to provide customers the benefit of viewing virtually any location on a machine. Topcon’s camera kit provides support for up to four cameras viewable on the X30 screen. The system also supports some third party USB cameras.
The new features of the X30 now support Topcon’s industry-leading plant nutrient monitoring and application system, CropSpec Crop Canopy Sensors. The CropSpec Crop Canopy Sensor System offers plant nutrient monitoring for logging or can be used for on-the-go variable rate application.
Additional features include:
- Support for JD-R Series Tractors. The X30 provides support for JD-R Series FWA tractors, articulated and tracked models. Teamed with the Topcon ISO 11783 compatible AGI-4 Receiver/Steering Controller, it now supports the models mentioned previously plus the Deere 2630 and Command Arm Console. (Projected availability of John Deere unlock codes is December 2013.)
- Support for KUHN Spreaders. In addition to its extensive list of Topcon XLinks, the X30 now supports the KUHN Spreader for sending rate information via the X30’s variable rate application function.
- Cellular Signal Strength Indicator. To provide additional diagnostics capability when using an RTK correction signal over a cellular link, X30 now includes a cellular signal strength indicator. The indicator uses a bar graph similar to those seen on cell phones.
“These new features on our X30 console are just the tip of the iceberg,” said Kevin Cobb, Topcon’s director of product management. “Software upgrades for the X30 include more than 30 new features that will allow it to maintain its industry-leading performance in regard to data management and operator ease-of-use.”
- Scout for aphids in winter wheat
- El Niño development stalled out, but wet winter still predicted
- Ag markets posted divergent closes Wednesday
- Farm bill program to help farmers affected by severe weather
- Israel panel proposes 25-42% tax hike on mining companies
- Ag markets moved almost unanimously higher Wednesday morning
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- Economist: Taxing P could reduce risk of algal blooms
- Commentary: Government wants farmers to quit farming
- Source shows half of GMO research is independent
- Ag markets made a generally mixed showing Thursday night
- What is the relationship between maturity group, yield?