Weed management video: ‘Be Part of the Solution’
A new video by Syngenta illustrates the growing threat of herbicide-resistant weeds on America’s farm lands while offering hope to growers who proactively choose to “Be Part of the Solution” in the battle against so-called “super weeds.”
From the South to the Midwest and to the Southwest, weeds, such as Palmer amaranth, horseweed and waterhemp, daily threaten America’s agriculture industry, resulting in significant losses in corn, soybeans and other crops. Advancements in technology have been successful through the years in controlling weeds; however, with each new successive technology has come a tendency to rely exclusively on the latest tool, facilitating the evolution of new types of herbicide resistance.
“Be Part of the Solution” by Syngenta explains the obstacles that growers face in dealing with herbicide-resistant weeds and how they can overcome the weeds that threaten their livelihood and legacy. In fact, in-depth research shows that diversifying weed-management strategies can go a long way toward saving the land – and leaving it in great shape for generations to come.
“There is no doubt that growers face a formidable opponent in the fight against herbicide-resistant weeds, as this video vividly shows,” said Les Glasgow, Ph.D., Syngenta herbicide technical asset lead. “But this video also shows growers can successfully fight herbicide resistance. These aptly-named Resistance Fighters, proactively use all the tools in the weed management arsenal, including herbicide diversity,” he said.
For more information about weed management, visit http://www.resistancefighter.com/.
Self-contained hydraulic system with power cables (hydraulic). Tandem Henschen axles (hydraulic). Hydraulic fenders. Manual or hydraulic tilt. 6,500-gallon tank.
- Dry weather, biofuel mandate to boost palm prices in 2014
- 2014 Farm Bill: Reallocating base acreage
- FAS administrator talks world ag export situation
- The Beige Book is out. The agriculture picture is not rosy
- New precision potassium fertilizer from AgroLiquid
- Ag markets ended the week in decidedly mixed fashion
- Are you in favor of a federal labeling standard for food that might contain genetically modified ingredients?
- Commentary: Barking up the wrong tree
- Water allocation for most drought-stricken Calif. farms to end
- Larson Electronics offers 150 Watt LED high bay light fixture
- Growth Points: Big data is about to get even bigger
- Update on the world’s 15 largest seed banks
Layco Declining Weight Blend System