Control of marestail in no-till soybeans
3. Include residual herbicides with the burndown treatment. Add one of the following herbicides or herbicide combinations to the burndown herbicides, for residual control of marestail until the soybean leaf canopy develops. Where a saflufenacil product is used for burndown, do not use a residual herbicide containing flumioxazin (Valor, Valor XLT, Envive, Enlite, Gangster) or sulfentrazone (Authority products).
- Valor, Valor XLT, Envive, Enlite, or Gangster
- Authority First, Sonic, Authority XL, Authority Broadleaf, or Spartan
- Canopy/Cloak DF + metribuzin (total metribuzin rate must be at least 0.38 lb ai/A)
- metribuzin (Metri DF, Tricor, etc) or Boundary (metribuzin rate must be at least 0.38 lb ai/A)
4. Herbicides for POST control. Liberty is the only consistently effective herbicide for POST control (for use only in LibertyLink soybeans). If marestail plants escape the measures outlined above and require POST control in Roundup Ready soybeans, try a combination of glyphosate plus Classic or FirstRate at the highest allowable rates. These combinations are likely to be variable in their effectiveness but may work in some fields.
- New platform to simplify inventory and fertilizer sales
- Cheminova’s dimethoate 4E receives 2(EE) recommendation
- Ag markets proved rather volatile again Thursday
- Potential impact of climate change on rangeland plants
- Ag markets proved decidedly mixed again Thursday morning
- Economy, job market reaps benefits from RFS
- Julie Borlaug says biotech is necessary in fight against hunger
- Commentary: Blame anti-GMO groups for deaths
- What does “sustainable” food and agriculture really mean?
- Ohio bill to require certification to apply fertilizer
- FCC aims to offer high-speed internet to rural America
- Carbon-dioxide hurts nitrogen assimilation by plants