Control of marestail in no-till soybeans
3. Include residual herbicides with the burndown treatment. Add one of the following herbicides or herbicide combinations to the burndown herbicides, for residual control of marestail until the soybean leaf canopy develops. Where a saflufenacil product is used for burndown, do not use a residual herbicide containing flumioxazin (Valor, Valor XLT, Envive, Enlite, Gangster) or sulfentrazone (Authority products).
- Valor, Valor XLT, Envive, Enlite, or Gangster
- Authority First, Sonic, Authority XL, Authority Broadleaf, or Spartan
- Canopy/Cloak DF + metribuzin (total metribuzin rate must be at least 0.38 lb ai/A)
- metribuzin (Metri DF, Tricor, etc) or Boundary (metribuzin rate must be at least 0.38 lb ai/A)
4. Herbicides for POST control. Liberty is the only consistently effective herbicide for POST control (for use only in LibertyLink soybeans). If marestail plants escape the measures outlined above and require POST control in Roundup Ready soybeans, try a combination of glyphosate plus Classic or FirstRate at the highest allowable rates. These combinations are likely to be variable in their effectiveness but may work in some fields.
- FairRent, now online, helps you find land rent values
- Earth can sustain more plant growth than previously thought
- Bayer CropScience highlights upcoming farming innovations
- Ag markets proved rather divergent Wednesday
- U.S. Farmers & Ranchers Alliance launches new campaign
- Researchers find boron facilitates stem cell growth in corn
- No El Niño in 2014? Drought-weary California in trouble
- Suspected Bt corn rootworm resistance in Pennsylvania
- BioNitrogen to build second fertilizer plant in Texas
- Soybean aphid numbers on the rise
- Commentary: Setting the record straight on 'Waters of the U.S.'
- Solar energy jobs increase, wind power decrease