Cheminova launches Statement herbicide
Cheminova, Inc. announced the launch of Statement herbicide, a new choice for growers looking for control of glyphosate and ALS-resistant weeds in both soybeans and cotton. A premix with two active ingredients, metolachlor and fomesafen, Statement may be used preplant and for preemergence for control of annual grass and broadleaf weeds on soybeans, while also providing residual control and reducing early weed competition.
Statement may also be applied postemergence on cotton to control grasses, broadleaf weeds and sedges. It may also be tank mixed with other labeled post-directed herbicides to broaden the weed control spectrum in cotton.
“Soybean growers looking for an affordable preemergent herbicide will love Statement for its dual modes of action and residual control of broadleaf and grassy weeds,” said Ken Phelps, Product Manager, Cheminova, Inc. “Cotton growers will enjoy the flexibility it gives them for post-directed sprays on grasses, broadleaves and sedges.”
Statement will be packaged in 2 x 2.5 gallon containers and is on sale April 1.
- Report finds ag employers can’t fill STEM jobs
- Free webinar for ag retailers on strip tillage
- White House agenda on climate change impacts to natural resources
- Improved harvest weather is weighing on the crop markets Monday
- NGFA reiterates need for STB to change rail fuel surcharge rule
- 2014 World Food Prize awarded to Dr. Sanjaya Rajaram
- East-West Seed signs marketing collaboration with Monsanto
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- USDA releases 2012 cash rents data report
- Commentary: Government wants farmers to quit farming
- Economist: Taxing P could reduce risk of algal blooms
- Resistant weeds not controlled by fall residuals