When to assess hail damage to crops
There are numerous good resources available to help assess hail damage. A couple of these resources include the National Corn Handbook NCH-1, “Assessing Hail Damage to Corn,” and the University of Nebraska Lincoln Extension Publication EC-128, “Evaluating Hail Damage to Soybeans.” Your crop insurance adjuster and Michigan State University Extension local educator are also valuable resources to help make damage assessments and evaluate potential action to take.
- Assessing Hail Damage to Corn, National Corn Handbook NCH-1
- Evaluating Hail Damage to Soybeans, University of Nebraska Lincoln Extension Publication EC-128
- The Soybean Growers Field Guide For Evaluating Crop Damage And Replant Options, University of Minnesota
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- Economist: Taxing P could reduce risk of algal blooms
- Commentary: Government wants farmers to quit farming
- What is the relationship between maturity group, yield?
- Commentary: Ambulance-chaser lawyers take on Syngenta
- Berman: Camouflaged activists threaten agriculture