Possible breakdown of SCN resistance
New webcast puts situation in perspective
A new webcast explains the factors leading to the build up of SCN populations with elevated reproduction on PI 88788 and discusses the results of numerous variety trial experiments where high yields were produced by PI 88788 SCN-resistant soybean varieties in fields infested with such SCN populations. The webcast was developed and is hosted by the Focus on Soybean section of the Plant Management Network.
The full-length webcast is 25 minutes long and a 4½-minute-long executive summary webcast highlights the “take-home” points of the full-length presentation. Both webcasts are available here.
The webcasts are available for viewing free to the public through November 30, 2012. But a subscription is needed to access most content on the Plant Management Network.
Currently, soybean farmers and crop advisers can sign up for free, individual one-year subscriptions to the Plant Management Network sponsored by the United Soybean Board; simply establish a complimentary account by filling out this online form.
- Plant health improvement agents help growers do more with less
- Ag markets suffered a general divergence Wednesday
- Scientists throw light on the mechanism of plants’ ticking clock
- Stress-tolerant tomato relative sequenced
- Ag markets diverged Wednesday morning
- Farmer community forum focused on farmer data