Planning ahead for weed control in RR soybeans
* Crabgrass and small-seeded broadleaf weeds. Glyphosate usually gives good control of most grasses, but producers may want to apply a foundation herbicide to control grasses early, then make just one postemergence glyphosate application later. Prefix, Fierce, Intrro, Dual II Magnum, Outlook, and Prowl H2O can all provide good early season grass and pigweed control ahead of Roundup Ready soybeans. Of these, Prefix and Fierce generally provide the best pigweed control, and Prowl H20 the least. Warrant is a new herbicide from Monsanto that can be applied as a postemergence tank-mix partner with glyphosate for residual grass and pigweed control. However, Warrant will not control emerged weeds, so it would not be effective for postemergence control of glyphosate-resistant waterhemp or Palmer amaranth.
- Farm Market iD releases 2013 Land and Grower Database
- Even in isolated, pristine Tasmania, pressure for GMO farming
- Grains dipped Tuesday while the other markets climbed
- Cattle, soybeans climb Tuesday morning
- Maire Tecnimont to build $1.6 billion U.S. fertilizer plant
- Corn price premiums continue to fade