Phytophthora root and stem rot appearing in soybeans
In the absence of specific information for fields with recurring Phytophthora issues, current strategy would be to plant varieties with Rps1k, Rps3a, Rps6 or a combination thereof (stacked). Farmers should also try to select varieties with higher levels of field tolerance, which is a general non-race specific type of resistance. Most seed catalogues will have a field tolerance rating for Phytophthora. Since resistance genes for Phytophthora are vulnerable to defeat from new emerging races, farmers should not depend solely on major gene resistance. Therefore integrating several management strategies is necessary for effective management of this disease.
Improving drainage (avoiding soil compaction and draining wet spots) lessens chances of Phytophthora infection. Fungicide seed treatment is recommended for fields with a known history of damping-off (see the Soybean Seed Treatments section of the 2013 South Dakota Soybean Crop Protection Guide publication). Use of fungicides as an in-furrow or banding application, although effective, has not generally been incorporated into soybean production because of product costs.
Self-contained hydraulic system with power cables (hydraulic). Tandem Henschen axles (hydraulic). Hydraulic fenders. Manual or hydraulic tilt. 6,500-gallon tank.
- Dry weather, biofuel mandate to boost palm prices in 2014
- 2014 Farm Bill: Reallocating base acreage
- FAS administrator talks world ag export situation
- The Beige Book is out. The agriculture picture is not rosy
- New precision potassium fertilizer from AgroLiquid
- Ag markets ended the week in decidedly mixed fashion
- Are you in favor of a federal labeling standard for food that might contain genetically modified ingredients?
- Commentary: Barking up the wrong tree
- Water allocation for most drought-stricken Calif. farms to end
- Larson Electronics offers 150 Watt LED high bay light fixture
- Growth Points: Big data is about to get even bigger
- Update on the world’s 15 largest seed banks
R&R Minuteman Blend System
R&R Manufacturing Inc.