Need a plan to control waterhemp?
The weed specialists offer a chart with water hemp control 30 and 60 days after treatment with a variety of soil-applied residual herbicides. Those include Authority, Valor, IntRRO, Outlook, Dual II Magnum, Linex, Sencor, Prowl H2O, Atrazine, and Pursuit, applied at the recommended rates. The percent of waterhemp control ranges from 6 percent to 95 percent 30 days after treatment, and 3 percent to 91 percent 60 days after treatment.
With the growing resistance of waterhemp and some other weed species to glyphosate, the use of a soil-applied residual herbicide become an important tool for protecting soybean yields. A five step program can help by focusing on the herbicide selection, timing and rate of application, amount of soil moisture and being aware of potential crop injury.
- TekWear partners up on new crop monitoring technologies
- Harvest delays impact crop performance, study shows
- Hogs were the exception to the bullish rule Thursday
- Sugarcane aphids found in North Carolina
- Online registration open for Dec. 15-16 AGMasters conference
- Export data, equity gains boost crop futures Thursday morning
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- Economist: Taxing P could reduce risk of algal blooms
- Commentary: Government wants farmers to quit farming
- Ag markets made a generally mixed showing Thursday night
- What is the relationship between maturity group, yield?
- Commentary: Ambulance-chaser lawyers take on Syngenta