Harvest aids for soybeans
Quite a few weedy soybean fields have been spotted around Pennsylvania probably because of the wet weather and later emerging weeds. As of 10/18, the state had still not had a hard frost in the central part of the state and many of the soybeans are still in the field. Many of the weeds also still have some green and could pose a problem as combines get started. The list of options outlined below remains the same as in the past for soybean.
Clarity - Apply Clarity (dicamba) to actively growing weeds after soybean pods have reached mature brown color and at least 75 percent leaf drop has occurred. A waiting interval of 14 days is required before harvest. Do not feed soybean fodder or hay following a preharvest application.
Glyphosate - Apply glyphosate to soybeans after pods have set and lost all green color (80–90 percent drop of leaves has occurred). Apply glyphosate in 10–20 gallons of water/A to control weeds that may interfere with harvest or to control perennials such as quackgrass or Canada thistle. Allow a minimum of 7 days between application and harvest. Do not graze or harvest the treated crop for livestock feed within 25 days of application. Do not use on soybeans grown for seed.
Gramoxone Inteon - Gramoxone (paraquat) may be used for drying certain weeds and quickening berrydrop of Eastern black nightshade just before soybean harvest. Probably the best choice for burcucumber dry down as well. Soybean plants must be mature (65 percent or more of the seed pods have reached mature brown color or seed moisture is 30 percent or less). Apply Gramoxone at 8–16 fl oz/A and include nonionic surfactant at 1 qt/100 gallons of spray. Do not apply within 15 days of harvest. Do not graze or harvest for the forage or hay.
Self-contained hydraulic system with power cables (hydraulic). Tandem Henschen axles (hydraulic). Hydraulic fenders. Manual or hydraulic tilt. 6,500-gallon tank.
- Dry weather, biofuel mandate to boost palm prices in 2014
- 2014 Farm Bill: Reallocating base acreage
- FAS administrator talks world ag export situation
- The Beige Book is out. The agriculture picture is not rosy
- New precision potassium fertilizer from AgroLiquid
- Ag markets ended the week in decidedly mixed fashion
- Are you in favor of a federal labeling standard for food that might contain genetically modified ingredients?
- Commentary: Barking up the wrong tree
- Water allocation for most drought-stricken Calif. farms to end
- Larson Electronics offers 150 Watt LED high bay light fixture
- Growth Points: Big data is about to get even bigger
- Update on the world’s 15 largest seed banks
R&R Minuteman Blend System
R&R Manufacturing Inc.