Growing 100 bushel soybeans in South Dakota
Row spacing and seeding rates can impact yield. University research on small plots suggests that reducing row spacing increases yields by as much as 20 bushels/acre. However, as part of this project, on-farm research was conducted with soybean producers, with results indicating the differences in yield may not be as large as anticipated. Some on farm research in 2011 showed only a 2 bushel/acre difference between narrow 10 inch rows and 30 inch rows. Additional on-farm research was conducted in 2012. Final analysis is still in process, but data indicated that seed treatment (fungicide and insecticide) response correlates with planting date. That is, the earlier the planting date (late April to early May), the more likely that a seed treatment will provide a positive yield response. Late planting (late May) seems to not show a significant response to seed treatments.
These and other practices to increase yield will be shared with producers through the Best Management Practices of Soybean Production, as a final product from this research. Planned for full publication in spring 2013, the book and presentations at the Soy 100 meeting will provide producers with many methods of increasing overall yield and profitability. Click here to download the full report.
Self-contained hydraulic system with power cables (hydraulic). Tandem Henschen axles (hydraulic). Hydraulic fenders. Manual or hydraulic tilt. 6,500-gallon tank.
- Avoid contaminating seed super boxes in handling
- U.N. warns food security a risk to Asia-Pacific
- Ag markets ended Tuesday in mixed fashion once again.
- Vietnam cuts rice export price floor, eyes Manila tender
- Ag markets turned decidedly mixed Tuesday morning
- Calculations for March 1 corn stocks estimate
- Are you in favor of a federal labeling standard for food that might contain genetically modified ingredients?
- Commentary: Barking up the wrong tree
- Julie Borlaug says biotech is necessary in fight against hunger
- Larson Electronics offers 150 Watt LED high bay light fixture
- Water allocation for most drought-stricken Calif. farms to end
- Panama says 'go' to GM mosquito evaluation