Budworms may cause green bean syndrome in soybeans
Future analysis of deep sequencing results can use a super computer acquired last April for the Arkansas High Performance Computing Center on the Fayetteville campus. High volume sequencing will continue to be outsourced.
Heliocoverpa zea caterpillars, which are known as soybean budworms, corn earworms and by other names depending on the crop infested, are the number one insect pest of crops in the Mid-South, Lorenz said.
Lorenz said conditions that led to very heavy and damaging budworm infestations the last two years began with late soybean planting or replanting after spring floods, which delayed blooming until the peak of the budworm population from mid-July to early August. Also, a hotter and dryer than usual summer provided favorable conditions for budworms and might have added the stress of high night heat interference with seed development.
The many GBS occurrences Lorenz observed in 2010 and 2011 in fields with severe bollworm damage implicated caterpillar damage as the main cause of GBS, he said.
Self-contained hydraulic system with power cables (hydraulic). Tandem Henschen axles (hydraulic). Hydraulic fenders. Manual or hydraulic tilt. 6,500-gallon tank.
- Are you in favor of a federal labeling standard for food that might contain genetically modified ingredients?
- Commentary: Barking up the wrong tree
- Water allocation for most drought-stricken Calif. farms to end
- Larson Electronics offers 150 Watt LED high bay light fixture
- Panama says 'go' to GM mosquito evaluation
- Conference to address “What’s Next for Farmland Values”
Fertilizer Conveying Systems
Waconia Manufacturing Inc.