The two primary requirements for soybean seed germination are temperatures above 50 degrees F and... Read more.
Crisp, clear fall days are perfect for splitting firewood, tilling the garden under and collecting... Read more.
Hot, dry conditions can wreak havoc on a field of soybeans. According to the National Center for... Read more.
Common chickweed (Stellaria media) that is resistant to Group 2, or ALS-inhibiting herbicides, is... Read more.
Soybean pod shattering is not completely understood. Through breeding efforts (beginning approximately 5,000... Read more.
With harvest now in full swing Paul O. Johnson, SDSU Extension weed science coordinator, reminds farmers... Read more.
Fall harvest is a good time for producers to assess the weed problems they had in soybean fields this... Read more.
DuPont Pioneer and Cargill announced that they will work with farmers near Cargill’s facility in... Read more.
Phytophthora is one of the most common and damaging pathogens in soybeans, especially in the... Read more.
Fall is an excellent time to manage biennial and perennial weeds. In particular, biennials such... Read more.
Two observations on soybean aphids surprised us in 2014. First is that we saw soybean aphids at all.... Read more.
Every year brings on a new set of challenges for harvest and grain management; in the past five years... Read more.
- Scout for aphids in winter wheat
- El Niño development stalled out, but wet winter still predicted
- Ag markets posted divergent closes Wednesday
- Farm bill program to help farmers affected by severe weather
- Israel panel proposes 25-42% tax hike on mining companies
- Ag markets moved almost unanimously higher Wednesday morning
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- Economist: Taxing P could reduce risk of algal blooms
- Commentary: Government wants farmers to quit farming
- Source shows half of GMO research is independent
- Ag markets made a generally mixed showing Thursday night
- What is the relationship between maturity group, yield?