Control of marestail in no-till soybeans
3. Include residual herbicides with the burndown treatment. Add one of the following herbicides or herbicide combinations to the burndown herbicides, for residual control of marestail until the soybean leaf canopy develops. Where a saflufenacil product is used for burndown, do not use a residual herbicide containing flumioxazin (Valor, Valor XLT, Envive, Enlite, Gangster) or sulfentrazone (Authority products).
- Valor, Valor XLT, Envive, Enlite, or Gangster
- Authority First, Sonic, Authority XL, Authority Broadleaf, or Spartan
- Canopy/Cloak DF + metribuzin (total metribuzin rate must be at least 0.38 lb ai/A)
- metribuzin (Metri DF, Tricor, etc) or Boundary (metribuzin rate must be at least 0.38 lb ai/A)
4. Herbicides for POST control. Liberty is the only consistently effective herbicide for POST control (for use only in LibertyLink soybeans). If marestail plants escape the measures outlined above and require POST control in Roundup Ready soybeans, try a combination of glyphosate plus Classic or FirstRate at the highest allowable rates. These combinations are likely to be variable in their effectiveness but may work in some fields.
- Argentina seeks to export more food to sanction-hit Russia
- Ag markets proved decidedly mixed again Tuesday
- China's carbon plans: secrecy and oversupply darken outlook
- Russian sanctions threaten both Europe's farmers and policymakers
- Ag markets are decidedly mixed at midsession Tuesday
- California’s drought worst since at least 1895
- Suspected Bt corn rootworm resistance in Pennsylvania
- No El Niño in 2014? Drought-weary California in trouble
- BioNitrogen to build second fertilizer plant in Texas
- Soybean aphid numbers on the rise
- Commentary: Setting the record straight on 'Waters of the U.S.'
- FCC aims to offer high-speed internet to rural America