Control of marestail in no-till soybeans
3. Include residual herbicides with the burndown treatment. Add one of the following herbicides or herbicide combinations to the burndown herbicides, for residual control of marestail until the soybean leaf canopy develops. Where a saflufenacil product is used for burndown, do not use a residual herbicide containing flumioxazin (Valor, Valor XLT, Envive, Enlite, Gangster) or sulfentrazone (Authority products).
- Valor, Valor XLT, Envive, Enlite, or Gangster
- Authority First, Sonic, Authority XL, Authority Broadleaf, or Spartan
- Canopy/Cloak DF + metribuzin (total metribuzin rate must be at least 0.38 lb ai/A)
- metribuzin (Metri DF, Tricor, etc) or Boundary (metribuzin rate must be at least 0.38 lb ai/A)
4. Herbicides for POST control. Liberty is the only consistently effective herbicide for POST control (for use only in LibertyLink soybeans). If marestail plants escape the measures outlined above and require POST control in Roundup Ready soybeans, try a combination of glyphosate plus Classic or FirstRate at the highest allowable rates. These combinations are likely to be variable in their effectiveness but may work in some fields.
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- Economist: Taxing P could reduce risk of algal blooms
- Commentary: Government wants farmers to quit farming
- What is the relationship between maturity group, yield?
- Commentary: Ambulance-chaser lawyers take on Syngenta
- Berman: Camouflaged activists threaten agriculture