Common chickweed (Stellaria media) that is resistant to Group 2, or ALS-inhibiting herbicides, is... Read more.
Soybean pod shattering is not completely understood. Through breeding efforts (beginning approximately 5,000... Read more.
With harvest now in full swing Paul O. Johnson, SDSU Extension weed science coordinator, reminds farmers... Read more.
Fall harvest is a good time for producers to assess the weed problems they had in soybean fields this... Read more.
DuPont Pioneer and Cargill announced that they will work with farmers near Cargill’s facility in... Read more.
Phytophthora is one of the most common and damaging pathogens in soybeans, especially in the... Read more.
Fall is an excellent time to manage biennial and perennial weeds. In particular, biennials such... Read more.
Two observations on soybean aphids surprised us in 2014. First is that we saw soybean aphids at all.... Read more.
Every year brings on a new set of challenges for harvest and grain management; in the past five years... Read more.
With a chill in the air that feels all too much like autumn is upon us already, it's a great reminder... Read more.
Iowa farmers are using cover crops for erosion control and soil nutrient and pest management in their... Read more.
Syngenta announced that Jim Cuddeback, a corn and soybean grower from Washington, Iowa, is the grand... Read more.
- Phomopsis stem canker in sunflowers
- Conference to help companies take next steps in eBusiness
- Energy for growing crops is large part of farm operating costs
- Moves in livestock futures bracketed those of the crop markets
- 3D Robotics launches new 3DR mapping platforms
- Report finds ag employers can’t fill STEM jobs
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- USDA releases 2012 cash rents data report
- Commentary: Government wants farmers to quit farming
- Economist: Taxing P could reduce risk of algal blooms
- Resistant weeds not controlled by fall residuals
- Do you think the term “agricultural sustainability” is as strong of a buzzword and emphasis for action in the industry as it was 3 years ago?