South Carolina Closing Grain Bids
Columbia, SC Friday, May 24, 2013 USDA-SC Dept Ag Market News
South Carolina closing cash grain bids as of 3:00 P.M. Prices delivered
to country elevators or processors. New crop bids noted with (*).
US 2 Yellow Corn mostly 5 cents lower; one location 5 cents higher.
US 1 Yellow Soybeans were 12 to 23 cents lower.
US 2 Red Wheat had too few bids to trend.
New Crop US 2 Yellow Corn 1 to 3 cents higher.
New Crop US 1 Yellow Soybeans were 5 cents higher.
New Crop US 2 Red Wheat was mostly 5 to 7 cents lower; one location 3 cents
CORN: Country Elevators---*5.46 at Kingstree; *5.46 at Lynchburg; N/A and
*N/A at Estill; Processors---6.77 at Orangeburg 2; 7.87 and *6.16 at Monetta;
7.40 and *6.11 at Sumter; 7.07 and *5.76 at Cassett.
SOYBEANS: Country Elevators---No bid at Anderson; *11.88 at Kingstree; *11.88
at Lynchburg; 13.86 at Orangeburg; N/A and *N/A at Estill; Processors---
15.13 and *12.38 at Kershaw; Export---No Bid at Mt. Pleasant.
WHEAT: Country Elevators---*6.73 at Anderson; *5.46 at Kingstree *5.46 at
Lynchburg; *N/A at Estill; Processors---No Bid at Orangeburg 2; *5.66
at Sumter; 7.75 at Columbia.
COUNTRY ELEVATORS US 2 Yellow US 1 Yellow US 2 Soft Red
Corn Soybeans Wheat
Cash New Crop Cash New Crop Cash New Crop
Kingstree 5.46 11.88 5.46
Lynchburg 5.46 11.88 5.46
Estill N/A N/A N/A N/A N/A
Monetta 7.87 6.16
Sumter 7.40 6.11 5.66
Cassatt 7.07 5.76
Kershaw 15.13 12.38
Mt. Pleasant No Bid
Source: South Carolina Dept of Ag-US
DA Market News, Columbia, SC
803-737-4671. For more info check out the internet at
No matching related articles at this time.
- FCC aims to offer high-speed internet to rural America
- Newly revised “Midwest Cover Crops Field Guide” released
- EPA announces final decision to register Enlist Duo
- What to consider in leasing or buying equipment
- U.S. farmers seen cutting fertilizer use as crop prices slide
- Not too late to plant wheat, but risks increase with delays
- East-West Seed signs marketing collaboration with Monsanto
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- USDA releases 2012 cash rents data report
- Commentary: Government wants farmers to quit farming
- Economist: Taxing P could reduce risk of algal blooms
- Resistant weeds not controlled by fall residuals