South Carolina Closing Grain Bids
Columbia, SC Friday, March 08, 2013 USDA-SC Dept Ag Market News
South Carolina closing cash grain bids as of 3:00 P.M. Prices delivered
to country elevators or processors. New crop bids noted with (*).
US 2 Yellow Corn was 3 to 23 cents higher.
US 1 Yellow Soybeans were mixed; 3 cents lower to 5 cents higher.
US 2 Red Wheat had too few bids to trend.
New Crop US 2 Yellow Corn was 4 to 7 cents higher.
New Crop US 1 Yellow Soybeans were 9 to 27 cents lower.
New Crop US 2 Red Wheat was mixed; 2 cents lower to 8 cents higher.
CORN: Country Elevators---7.05 at Kingstree; *5.51 at Lynchburg; 7.34 and *5.72
at Estill; Processors---7.34 at Orangeburg 2; 8.03 and *6.21 at Monetta; 7.89
and *5.98 at Sumter; 7.79 at Cassett.
SOYBEANS: Country Elevators---No bid at Anderson; 14.08 at Kingstree; *12.09 at
Lynchburg; 13.80 at Orangeburg 2; 14.81 and *12.39 at Estill; Processors---14.81
and *12.59 at Kershaw; Export---15.21 at Mt. Pleasant.
WHEAT: Country Elevators---*6.48 at Anderson; 7.05 at Kingstree *5.72
at Lynchburg; 5.90 and *6.86 at Estill; Processors---No Bid at Orangeburg 2;
*5.68 at Sumter; 7.75 at Columbia.
COUNTRY ELEVATORS US 2 Yellow US 1 Yellow US 2 Soft Red
Corn Soybeans Wheat
Cash New Crop Cash New Crop Cash New Crop
Kingstree 7.05 14.08 7.05
Lynchburg 5.51 12.09 5.72
Orangeburg 2 13.80
Estill 7.34 5.72 14.81 12.39 5.90 6.86
Orangeburg 2 7.34
Monetta 8.03 6.21
Sumter 7.89 5.98 5.68
Kershaw 14.81 12.59
Mt. Pleasant 15.21
Source: South Carolina Dept of Ag-USDA Market News, Columbia, SC
803-737-4671. For more info check out the internet at
No matching related articles at this time.
- Collaboration to develop bio insect controls
- Drones on the farm: What are the laws?
- Trillions of gallons of water lost in Calif. drought
- ASA urges action on pending biotech approvals in EU
- CLA sees potential progress in recent ESA litigation settlements
- Cotton, soyoil diverged from general ag strength Thursday night
- Deere to lay off more than 600 at four U.S. plants
- Slow pace of rail recovery stirs fear of future woes
- The four pillars of seeing opportunities in problems
- New DuPont Afforia herbicide introduced for soybeans
- WinField introduces Answer Tech and Data Silo
- RTK brings higher level of accuracy to farmers
- No El Niño in 2014? Drought-weary California in trouble
- Suspected Bt corn rootworm resistance in Pennsylvania
- BioNitrogen to build second fertilizer plant in Texas
- Commentary: Setting the record straight on 'Waters of the U.S.'
- Soybean aphid numbers on the rise
- Solar energy jobs increase, wind power decrease