Portland, OR Daily Grain Report
Portland, OR Fri Sep 27, 2013 USDA Market News
Portland Daily Grain Report
Bids as of 9:30 a.m. Pacific time; Subject to change
Bids for grains delivered to Portland, Oregon during October by unit
trains and barges, in dollars per bushel, except oats, corn and barley,
in dollars per cwt. Bids for soft white wheat are for delivery periods
as specified. All other wheat bids are for full October delivery.
Bids for corn are for 30 day delivery.
December wheat futures trended 5.50 to 9.75 cents per bushel higher
compared to Thursday’s closes.
Bids for US 1 Soft White Wheat for October delivery in unit trains
or barges trended steady to 5.50 cents per bushel higher than Thursday’s
noon bids for October delivery. Some exporters are not issuing bids for
Bids for 11.5 percent protein US 1 Hard Red Winter Wheat for October
delivery were not available in early trading as most exporters are not
issuing bids for nearby delivery.
Bids for 14 percent protein non-guaranteed US 1 Dark Northern Spring
Wheat for October delivery were not well tested in early trading, but
bids trended 9.75 cents per bushel higher than Thursday’s noon bids for
October delivery, in lining up with the higher Minneapolis wheat futures.
Some exporters were not issuing bids for nearby delivery.
Bids for US 2 Yellow Corn delivered to Portland and the Yakima Valley
were not available.
All wheat bids in dollars per bushel
US 1 Soft White Wheat - delivered by Unit Trains and Barges *
Oct mostly 7.1750, ranging 7.0500-7.2375
US 1 White Club Wheat - delivered by Unit Trains and Barges *
Oct mostly 7.5425, ranging 7.5375-7.5500
*Not fully established.
US 1 Hard Red Winter Wheat - (Exporter bids-falling numbers of 300 or
Ordinary protein NA
10 pct protein NA
11 pct protein NA
11.5 pct protein
12 pct protein NA
13 pct protein NA
US 1 Dark Northern Spring Wheat (with a minimum of 300 falling numbers, a maximum
of 0.5 part per million vomitoxin, and a maximum of one percent total damage) *
13 pct protein 7.4925-7.7425
14 pct protein
15 pct protein 8.6425-9.0925
16 pct protein 9.0425-9.6925
US 2 Yellow Corn in dollars per CWT
Domestic-single rail cars
Delivered full coast-BN NA
Delivered to Portland NA
Rail and Truck del to Willamette Vly NA
Rail del to Yakima Valley NA
Truck del to Yakima Valley NA
US 2 Heavy White Oats in dollars per CWT ** 12.7500
** Not well tested.
Exporter Bids Portland Rail/Barge Aug 2013
Averages in Dollars per bushel
US 1 Soft White by Unit Trains and Barges 7.3200
US 1 Hard Red Winter (Ordinary protein) 7.9900
US 1 Hard Red Winter (11.5% protein) 8.1100
US 1 Dark Northern Spring (14% protein) 8.3900
Source: USDA Market News Service, Portland, OR
Niki Davila 503-326-2237 Portland.LPGMN@ams.usda.gov
24 Hour Market Report 503-326-2022
8:46 P nd
No matching related articles at this time.
- DuPont Crop Protection to sell certain assets to Bayer
- New research study shows the value of neonicotinoids
- Alltech Crop Science acquires South African distributor
- Monsanto invests to transform plant breeding
- Fungicide-resistant soybean diseases spreading
- Most crop futures are starting Thursday on a strong note
- ValueAct buys stake in fertilizer dealer Agrium
- Critics of Dow herbicide sue U.S. EPA over approval
- Six tips to help professionals take leaps of faith
- Nitrogen fertilization rates for corn production
- Landmark Services Co-op, Curry Seeds sign agreement
- No-till may not bring boost in global crop yields
- Los Angeles City Council votes to explore ban on GMO plants
- ASA issues statement on EPA’s neonicotinoid study
- Economist: Taxing P could reduce risk of algal blooms
- Commentary: Government wants farmers to quit farming
- Resistant weeds not controlled by fall residuals
- First responders need to prepare for agroterrorism