USDA: Soybean stocks up 8 percent
The USDA's latest Grain Stocks report showed that soybeans stored in all positions on June 1, 2012 totaled 667 million bushels, up 8 percent from June 1, 2011.
On-farm stocks totaled 179 million bushels, down 18 percent from a year ago. Off-farm stocks, at 488 million bushels, are up 22 percent from a year ago. Indicated disappearance for the March - May 2012 quarter totaled 707 million bushels, up 12 percent from the same period a year earlier.
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- Economist: Taxing P could reduce risk of algal blooms
- Commentary: Government wants farmers to quit farming
- Ag markets made a generally mixed showing Thursday night
- What is the relationship between maturity group, yield?
- Commentary: Ambulance-chaser lawyers take on Syngenta