USDA: Soybean production down 1 percent
According to the USDA's latest Crop Production report, soybean production is forecast at 3.06 billion bushels, down 1 percent from September and down 8 percent from last year.
Based on October 1 conditions, yields are expected to average 41.5 bushels per acre, down 0.3 bushel from last month and down 2 bushels from last year. If realized, the average yield will be the second lowest since 2003. Area for harvest is forecast at 73.7 million acres, down slightly from September and down 4 percent from 2010.
No matching related articles at this time.
- Plant health improvement agents help growers do more with less
- Ag markets suffered a general divergence Wednesday
- Scientists throw light on the mechanism of plants’ ticking clock
- Stress-tolerant tomato relative sequenced
- Ag markets diverged Wednesday morning
- Farmer community forum focused on farmer data