Soybean stocks up 4 percent
According to the USDA's latest Grain Stocks report, soybeans stored in all positions on December 1, 2011 totaled 2.37 billion bushels, up 4 percent from December 1, 2010. Soybean stocks stored on farms totaled 1.14 billion bushels, up 4 percent from a year ago. Off-farm stocks, at 1.23 billion bushels, are up 3 percent from last December. Indicated disappearance for September - November 2011 totaled 905 million bushels, down 25 percent from the same period a year earlier.
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- Economist: Taxing P could reduce risk of algal blooms
- Commentary: Government wants farmers to quit farming
- What is the relationship between maturity group, yield?
- Commentary: Ambulance-chaser lawyers take on Syngenta
- Berman: Camouflaged activists threaten agriculture