Corn, soybean export sales plunge
According to the USDA's latest U.S. Export Sales report, corn net sales of 69,900 metric tons (MT) for the 2012-2013 marketing year resulted as increases for Japan (178,700 MT, including 158,200 MT switched from unknown destinations and decreases of 27,700 MT), Mexico (55,600 MT, including 30,500 MT switched from unknown destinations and decreases of 15,900 MT), Colombia (30,000 MT), and China (25,400 MT, switched from unknown destinations), were partially offset by decreases for unknown destinations (226,300 MT)Costa Rica (23,000 MT), and Nicaragua (9,800 MT).
Exports of 740,000 MT were primarily to Japan (266,400 MT), China (220,600 MT), Mexico (137,100 MT), Venezuela (57,500 MT), and Panama (23,100 MT).
Optional Origin Sales: For MY 2012/2013, outstanding optional origin sales total 300,000 MT, all Mexico.
On Wednesday December corn prices rose 2.2 percent after having closed down 1 percent on Thursday. Futures were trading 4 cents lower on Thursday morning.
|REPORT||THIS WEEK||LAST WEEK||DIFFERENCE|
|SALES||10 WEEKS||27 WEEKS||THIS YEAR|
The report also showed that soybean net sales of 712,200 MT for the 2012/2013 marketing year were reported for China (237,200 MT), unknown destinations (134,400 MT), the Netherlands (65,300 MT, including 70,000 MT switched from unknown destinations and decreases of 4,700 MT), Egypt (60,000 MT), and Japan (45,800 MT, including 28,100 MT switched from unknown destinations and decreases of 1,400 MT).
Net sales of 5,500 MT for delivery in 2013/2014 were reported for Japan. Exports of 272,600 MT were reported to China (119,200 MT), the Netherlands (65,300 MT), Japan (30,700 MT), Mexico (27,700 MT), and Taiwan (15,300 MT).
Soybean futures climed by nearly 2 percent on Wednesday after their biggest two-day selloff in seven weeks. On Thursday futures were trading 12 to 13 cents lower.
Self-contained hydraulic system with power cables (hydraulic). Tandem Henschen axles (hydraulic). Hydraulic fenders. Manual or hydraulic tilt. 6,500-gallon tank.
No matching related articles at this time.
- Dry weather, biofuel mandate to boost palm prices in 2014
- 2014 Farm Bill: Reallocating base acreage
- FAS administrator talks world ag export situation
- The Beige Book is out. The agriculture picture is not rosy
- New precision potassium fertilizer from AgroLiquid
- Ag markets ended the week in decidedly mixed fashion
- Are you in favor of a federal labeling standard for food that might contain genetically modified ingredients?
- Commentary: Barking up the wrong tree
- Water allocation for most drought-stricken Calif. farms to end
- Larson Electronics offers 150 Watt LED high bay light fixture
- Growth Points: Big data is about to get even bigger
- Update on the world’s 15 largest seed banks