2011 soybean production sixth largest on record
The USDA's Annual Crop Production Summary reports that soybean production in 2011 totaled 3.06 billion bushels, up slightly from the November 1 forecast but down 8 percent from 2010. United States production is the sixth largest on record. The average yield per acre is estimated at 41.5 bushels, 0.2 bushel above the November 1 forecast but 2.0 bushels below last year’s yield. Harvested area is down 4 percent from 2010 to 73.6 million acres.
- Verdesian Life Sciences acquires QC Corporation
- Economist: Taxing P could reduce risk of algal blooms
- Study suggests more waters may deserve federal protection
- Fertilizer maker Mosaic cuts phosphate output
- Ag markets moved mostly lower Tuesday night
- Cause of California drought linked to climate change
- Activists fighting Golden Rice even more in 2014
- U.S. GMO labeling foes triple spending in first half of this year
- Source shows half of GMO research is independent
- White House issues veto threat on bill to block WOTUS rule
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- East-West Seed signs marketing collaboration with Monsanto